Idea for FreeBSD

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 08:04:37 UTC 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 5:14 AM, Jonathan McKeown wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 August 2008 14:03:30 Adrian Penisoara wrote:
>>  While we're at it, I wish we could leverage the posibility for the
>> admin to manually start the service at the CLI, no matter whether the
>> service has been enabled or not -- that is the "<svc>_enable" keyword
>> should have effect only in the bootup/automatic contexts.
>
> Isn't this what onestart does?
>
> Jonathan

I may be a bit late into the conversation, but for what it's worth
upstart does have some positive features in the 0.5.0 version (the one
that just rolled off the SVN train recently).

Their use of simple and complex job start criteria and the ability to
link in process monitoring functionality via DBUS clients is
interesting... albeit not necessary except in high availability
environments.

-Garrett