kern/98388: [ata] FreeBSD 6.1 - WDC WD1200JS SATA II disks are seen as older SATA

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 14 07:16:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:57:53AM +0400, sam wrote:
> Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
>> sam wrote:
>>> FreeBSD  7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #5: Tue Aug 12 13:54:27 MSD
>>> 2008    root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>>> |--------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> please, any solution ?
>>
>> Probably speed is limited via jumpers on your hard drive.
>>
> http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1409&p_created=#jumper
> tried it
>
> without results

FWIW, the only time I've seen this happen is when there's a jumper
limiting the capability.  You should have **removed** the OPT1 jumper,
and left any other jumpers alone.

If you're absolutely sure the jumper is removed, I'll purchase one of
these drives and test it on an ICH7 (Supermicro PDSMi+) to confirm your
findings.