Debugging reboot with Linux emulation

Nate Eldredge neldredge at math.ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 13 06:52:36 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I recently tried to run a Linux binary of Maple (commercial math software)
on my FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE/amd64 box, and the machine rebooted.  I tried it
again while watching the console, and no panic message appeared to be
produced.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to debug problems of this
nature?  I realize I may not be able to get Maple to work, but in any case
the system should not die like this, so I can at least try to fix that
bug.

Incidentally, is it possible to run kdb with a USB keyboard?  Hitting
Ctrl-Alt-Esc gives me the kdb prompt, but I can't type, so I can do
nothing except hit the power button.  I do have hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"
in /boot/device.hints.  Unfortunately I don't have a PS/2 keyboard on
hand, though I can try and get a hold of one if all else fails.

--

Nate Eldredge
neldredge at math.ucsd.edu