missing interrupts?

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 8 20:53:21 UTC 2008

On Friday 08 August 2008 02:16:20 pm ping wrote:
> this is an interrupt handler that's attached to irq 31 on ioapic1 on a 6.1R
kernel, type INTR_TYPE_NET|INTR_MPSAFE.  seems that it's missing interrupts.
watching the KTR trace, it was running along fine, then it just stopped.
intr handler stopped getting run.  but the interrupt register on chip was
high.  is this a case of lost interrupts? or hardware problem?

There is one possible race in the I/O APIC code someone pointed me at
recently.  You can try expanding the scope of the icu_lock to cover all of
ioapic_program_intpin() to see if it fixes your issue
(sys/<arch>/<arch>/io_apic.c)

--
John Baldwin