indent(1) support for gcc(1) 0b prefix

Frank Behrens frank at pinky.sax.de
Mon Apr 28 07:41:39 UTC 2008

Romain Tartière <romain at blogreen.org> wrote on 26 Apr 2008 23:35:
> I was so wondering how useful(less) it was to support this extension in
> FreeBSD indent(1) program. The version of gcc provided with the base
> system does not support this syntax, and AFAIK, only the avr-gcc port
> support this kind of constructs...

It will be useful.
The new gcc 4.3 release supports this extension without addtional patches. I cite the
changelog:
"Integer constants written in binary are now supported as a GCC extension. They consist of a
prefix 0b or 0B, followed by a sequence of 0 and 1 digits."
--
Frank Behrens, Osterwieck, Germany
PGP-key 0x5B7C47ED on public servers available.