Using special CFLAGS for a single file without writing the rule

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu Apr 24 16:06:44 UTC 2008

Hi Ruslan, hi all,

I don't know if you followed the thread on -arch@, but the outcome is
basically that SSP should be disabled for a couple of files:
    lib/csu/*
    gnu/lib/csu/* (reported by antoine@, but I couldn't verify this one)
    lib/libc/sys/stack_protector.c
    sys/kern/stack_protector.c

Antoine Brodin supplied a patch for the kernel part:
+kern/stack_protector.c         standard        \
+       compile-with    "${NORMAL_C:N-fstack-protector*}"

As for lib/csu/*, this is straightforward, I just have to set
WITHOUT_SSP in the Makefile.

The hardest one is lib/libc/sys/stack_protector.c.  I endeavored to find
a way to compile a single file with ${CFLAGS:N-fstack-protector*}, but I
found no recipe but writing the whole rule for this file.  I would
really like to avoid this solution so as to not override bsd.lib.mk
settings.

Considering your big experience with the build infrastructure, I suspect
you would have a solution.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
--