commit messages and post-CVS tools

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Tue Apr 22 20:48:25 UTC 2008

Not sure where to address this, so starting here.
As you might know some "post-CVS" VCS-es use a convention where a first
line of commit message serves as a kind of commit subject and the rest
is a body that further describes the commit.
Could we please start thinking about thinking of possible future support
of such tools and start thinking of possibly considering a policy for
commit messages that would adhere to the above mentioned convention.

I mean, when you look at commit history (of the whole project) and see
lines like "MFC 1.33" it is not very convenient, you have to look at the
complete commit message to see what it is about really.

--
Andriy Gapon