Introducing myself - GSoC 2008

Diego Giagio dgiagio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 17:16:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

My name is Diego Giagio. I'm 25, brazilian, from Rio de Janeiro. I'm a
student working towards my undergraduate degree on Candido Mendes
University.

In late 2006, I started working on OpenBSM library and got the
privilege to have some small patches accepted. At that time, I
introduced myself to Robert Watson (rwatson@). Since then, I've been
following discussions on mailing lists, following commits, etc., all
related to TrustedBSD project.

I consider myself a security centric guy. In the past, I've found
holes on Ethereal (now Wireshark) and OpenBSD's spamd, both with
proof-of-concept programs to trigger the vulnerabilities. I usually
spend part of my time reading and analyzing code on a daily basis,
looking for bad written code, vulnerabilities and possible performance
optimizations.

I'm really honored for being selected to work on Audit Firewall Events
on Kernel project, and I can asure you that I will do my best working
on it. During this period, I hope to get to know as many FreeBSD
developers and talented people as possible. I'm also very happy to
have Christian S.J. Peron (csjp@) as my mentor on this project.

So, let the work begin.

--
DG