Comtrol RocketPort 550 uPCI, 16-port

Jeff Blank jb000002 at mr-happy.com
Sun Sep 30 21:53:49 PDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 09:32:47AM -0500, nick thompson wrote:
>  Hi. First off, to get it out of the way, I work for Comtrol. This is a
> Comtrol GMBH (used to be Comtrol UK, now Comtrol GMBH [Switzerland])
> product. The two are separate companies now. Anyhow, if you have had
> this card for less than 30 days, I would hi,ghly recommend returning it
> to the distributor for a RocketPort uPCI 16 port card,  as this  is a
> Comtrol  U.S. product and we have a 6.2 driver for our entire RocketPort
> line.

Thanks for the info.  Is the external box with the RJ-45 serial ports
(part # 99420-6) compatible with the Comtrol US card you're about to
send the link for, or would I need to send that back as well?

> other Unices guy in tech support at Comtrol U.S. and I would definitely
> like to extend an invitation for anyone who would like a copy of the
> driver to email me at my work address

Does this mean that the US card is not supported by the rp driver that
comes with FreeBSD 6.2, or was that mostly aimed at folks who run an
OS (version) that doesn't include a driver?

Thanks again,
Jeff