Nvidia amd64

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Sep 28 09:41:36 PDT 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 02:58:38 -0500, Giulio Ferro <auryn at zirakzigil.org>
wrote:

> Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
>>
>> if there was a bounty system for FreeBSD I would pledge $100 USD for
>> work that would help amd64 nvidia... heck I would even settle for
>> someone that wants to take lead and setup a paypal collection.
>>
>> Sam Fourman Jr.
>>

> I completely agree. Some guy here went as far as saying that nobody
> gives a
> damn about nvidia drivers, but from what  I see (here and on nvidia
> forum)
> the opposite is true.
<snip>

If there are the people in nvidia forum have 'enough insterest' to write
then it would have been already done by now. :-) It is what others in here
are trying to tell you about that we don't have anybody (even include
nvidia forum) that who have 'enough insterest' to write it for nvidia
driver's need.

As for me, I am a nvidia driver user and I do want it works with amd64,
but I do not have 'enough insterest' to learn and write it. It looks like
it is included you too.

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org