kern.ngroups (non) setting ... new bounty ?

rsync.net info at rsync.net
Tue Sep 25 10:02:34 PDT 2007

It has been impossible to change kern.ngroups - at least for several years
now.  It was not fixed in either 5.x or 6.x :

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2007-January/022140.html

It is seemingly a difficult problem:

http://www.atm.tut.fi/list-archive/freebsd-stable/msg09969.html   [1]

However it should be solved - we can't be the only ones out there trying
to add a UID to more than 16 groups...

-----

The rsync.net code bounties have been fairly successful this year - two of
the five projects have been completed, and the large "vmware 6 on FreeBSD"
project is now underway.

We'd like to add a new bounty for this kern.ngroups issue.  We are posting
to -hackers today to get some feedback on how long this will take and how
much money might reasonably be expected to lure this work.

--rsync.net Support

[1]  Is it indeed true that these programs are broken by not following
     NGROUPS_MAX from syslimits.h?