Serial speed for boot device selection prompt

Sean Bruno sbruno at miralink.com
Wed Oct 24 12:57:50 PDT 2007

I have a drive that contains two seperate bootable partitions(ad0s1a and
ad0s2a).  The boot device selection menu(boot0?) appears to only be able
to support 9600 8N1.  I wanted to run the serial console at 115200, but
I currently have to switch to 9600 if I need to change the boot device.
Is there a way around this that I can't see?  Could I get around this
with a BIOS that can do console redirection?

Sean