packages, libfetch, and SSL

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Oct 23 20:47:15 PDT 2007

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 08:28:19PM -0700, David E. Thiel wrote:
>Sounds fine to me - I'll take a closer look at this. I'd still like
>to see the root CA certs merged into base so libfetch can be fixed.

So would I.

>Does anyone object to just using the ones currently provided by the
>ca_root_nss port?

I would like to have CAcert (www.cacert.org) included.  It is not
currently in the Mozilla root set but is included in various Linux
and other BSD distributions.  See
http://wiki.cacert.org/wiki/InclusionStatus
(which lists FreeBSD on the basis of the now-removed caroot port).

I agree that the final decision should be up to the Security team.

--
Peter