Inner workings of turnstiles and sleepqueues

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Fri Oct 19 10:07:03 PDT 2007

Ed Schouten wrote:
> * John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> The best option right now is to read the code.  There are some comments in
>> both the headers and implementation.
>
> Would it be useful to write manpages for these interfaces, or do we
> assume that only godlike people can use them anyway? I am willing to
> write manpages for them.
>
> Yours,

man pages are ALWAYS a good idea. (well, NEARLY always.)

it may be that this information may go well into an exisiting man page,
or at least a description. I believe that to some extent they are
supposed to be an internal interface so maybe a description as part of the
utilities that use them may be in order.. also  think about whether
a paragraph might go into locking(9).

I'm still trying to nag john to run an editing pass over locking(9)