Sysctl Naming

Matthew Jakeman m.jakeman at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 04:19:43 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I am wanting to create a number of sysctl variables at kernel boot time, 1 for
each network interface. I have the code set up to loop through the interfaces
using ifnet_byindex() already for other purposes so wanted to create them in
this loop.

The problem I'm having is naming them, using the SYSCTL_INT() macro as
specified :

SYSCTL_INT(parent, nbr, name, access, ptr, val, descr);

The 'name' parameter is what I wish to manipulate in the loop to append the
interface name on to the sysctl variable created however I can't think of a
way to do this. If there is another way to accomplish this I would be
grateful to hear any suggestions.

Cheers
Matt