Critical Sections for userland.

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Thu Oct 4 03:28:40 PDT 2007

Alfred Perlstein <alfred at freebsd.org> writes:
> It's not worth my time to engage someone with your mind set, you
> posses neither the technical nor interpersonal skill to be useful
> to me.

This could be the beginning of a wonderful friendship...

> For context see my replies in this thread to Kip Macy which explains
> how one deals with the false-problems you mention.

I did read them, and I'm not convinced at all.  You are asking for a
large amount of complexity to be added to the system, but you refuse to
tell us what you're actually trying to do.  Are you worried that we
might actually figure out a way to do it without raping the scheduler?

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no