Looking for syscalls documentation pointers.

Sdävtaker sdavtaker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 18:09:17 PST 2007

Hello.
I was wondering if there is any place where i can get the
specifications used to write the syscalls.
I was reading the syscalls.master and it only says the number and name
of the syscall, and only few are documented at man.
Any idea who could have that kind of documentation?
As example, what determines the permitions of a just created file?
(From experiments i got they 000) :-/
I guess if there is no doc, i will have just to read the whole code :-(
Thanks for any help.
Sdav