/lib/pthread.so.2 is sought during some port compilation

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 29 10:53:08 PST 2007

Yuri wrote:
> Quoting Kris Kennaway <kris at FreeBSD.org>:
>
>>> So do I have to rebuild all ports to be able to run on 7.0?
>> Yes.  You have to do this whenever you upgrade to a new branch of
>> FreeBSD.  The old ports will work until you start upgrading them to new
>> versions, at which point you will end up with binaries linked to two
>> versions of FreeBSD libraries, like libc.so.6 and libc.so.7, and this is
>> a recipe for disaster.
>
> Yes, that's what I am doing.
> portupgrade -af

That is what you are doing now, or what you were doing when you found
the problem?  It should not occur during a portupgrade -af unless there
is a port that is missing registration on some dependencies.

Kris