handling pdfs?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Thu Nov 29 10:00:48 PST 2007

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2007-11-27 21:27, Chuck Robey <chuckr at chuckr.org> wrote:
> > I need to read about 4 tons of some really sparse pdf specs.  I also
> > have a rather inconvenient throwback: I feel hugely more at
> > home-reading  documents in paper.  What I'd kind of like to do would
> > be able to perform cut'n'paste among different pdfs, 5 pages here, 10
> > pages there, until I put together maybe 100-200 pages, and sit back
> > and read it. What I can't do is print just a few pages out of several
> > 800-plus page specs, and perform paper cut'n'pasting.
>
> If you find a way to 'save' only parts of a PDF document, i.e. pages
> 5-10, 17 and 25 in a separate file, then the ``pdfjam'' port includes
> a utility called ``pdfjoin'' :)

/usr/local/bin/pdf2ps # ghostscript-gnu-7.07_15/+CONTENTS:bin/pdf2ps
then gs allows printing of page numbers
then print PS or
	 /usr/local/bin/ps2pdf # /usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gnu

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
	Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.