How to add wake on lan support for your card (was: Re: FreeBSD WOL sis on)

Wed Nov 28 11:22:54 PST 2007

Quoting Stefan Sperling <stsp at stsp.name> (Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:06:18 +0100):

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 05:13:28PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > > Well, I hope I haven't missed anything important, but I guess
> > > that's about it.
> >
> > Wow ! seems like you spent a fair time assembling that lot,
>
> About 2 hours.
>
> > & it'd sure be a shame if it just got dusty in mail archives,
> > (OK apart from current readers who might latch it).
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Maybe you could send it to doc at freebsd.org list or via send-pr &
> > suggest it be swallowed as an Annex to main docs ? Seems useful.
>
> I guess the wiki would be more appropriate than the main docs.
>
> Maybe we should add a wiki page about wake on lan?
> Reading http://wiki.freebsd.org/AboutWiki it seems that if
> I created an account there and someone added me to the
> ContributorsGroup for a new WakeOnLan page I would be good to go.

This is right. If you tell us the name you registered (we have the
convention to use FirstnameLastname), I try to get the time to add you.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
We Klingons believe as you do -- the sick should die.  Only the strong
should live.