How to add wake on lan support for your card

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 28 11:01:08 PST 2007

Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 05:13:28PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
>>> Well, I hope I haven't missed anything important, but I guess
>>> that's about it.
>> Wow ! seems like you spent a fair time assembling that lot,
>
> About 2 hours.
>
>> & it'd sure be a shame if it just got dusty in mail archives,
>> (OK apart from current readers who might latch it).
>
> Thanks.
>
>> Maybe you could send it to doc at freebsd.org list or via send-pr &
>> suggest it be swallowed as an Annex to main docs ? Seems useful.
>
> I guess the wiki would be more appropriate than the main docs.
>
> Maybe we should add a wiki page about wake on lan?
> Reading http://wiki.freebsd.org/AboutWiki it seems that if
> I created an account there and someone added me to the
> ContributorsGroup for a new WakeOnLan page I would be good to go.
>
> Another place I could add it to is the wake on lan PR, which is at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/83807
>
> Anyway, it's not lost in any case, because it's in the archives,
> and at least I know about it and can always link people there if
> they want to read it (or if they ask me to add support for
> their card, heheh).

Let me know the accountname and I can arrange that you can access it :)

cheers
remko

--
/"\   Best regards,                      | remko at FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko at EFnet