How to add wake on lan support for your card

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.name
Wed Nov 28 10:47:13 PST 2007

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 10:28:24AM -0800, Sam Leffler wrote:
> I really want to see the WOL support get into the tree.

Cool.

> I looked at it
> before and had some issues with ifconfig integration which is mostly why
> it's not already there.

You mean you are hacking on it as well (independently)
or you were trying my patch?

> We're occupied with releases right now so I think
> the right time to get in the tree is after 7.0 goes out.

I can try to get the cleanups I want to make done by
the time 7.0 goes out.

Mainly consistent variable naming, and also dropping "SecureOn
password" support from ifconfig because it's not secure and I've
never actually implemented it for any driver...

--
stefan
http://stsp.name                                         PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0