handling pdfs?

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue Nov 27 18:56:29 PST 2007

I need to read about 4 tons of some really sparse pdf specs.  I also
have a rather inconvenient throwback: I feel hugely more at home-reading
  documents in paper.  What I'd kind of like to do would be able to
perform cut'n'paste among different pdfs, 5 pages here, 10 pages there,
until I put together maybe 100-200 pages, and sit back and read it.
What I can't do is print just a few pages out of several 800-plus page
specs, and perform paper cut'n'pasting.

Is there some sort of util that will allow me to do cut'n'pasting among
different pdfs, or at the very least, only to print certain ranges out
of pdf docs, so I could do paper-wise cut'n'paste?  An all-electronic
solution would be best, but I'd take whatever offered.

Thanks