doubt about IPSEC - Freebsd 7

VANHULLEBUS Yvan vanhu_bsd at zeninc.net
Sat Nov 24 07:34:41 PST 2007

Hi.

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 03:11:05PM +0100, Giulio Ferro wrote:
> I've noticed that in the kernel configuration IPSEC_ESP disappeared
> from the options. It says that you just need device crypto and IPSEC.
>
> Does this mean that with crypto and IPSEC I have all I need to treat
> ESP like the old IPSEC_ESP option?

IPSEC_ESP was a needed option for KAME's IPSec implementation, which
is no longer in FreeBSD's kernel.

IPSEC now enables FAST_IPSEC stack, which just needs IPSEC and device
crypto.

> I'm having some problems right now setting up a vpn to complete phase 2,
> (the error is no proposal chosen).
> Since ipsec-tools uses the facilities in the kernel, I want to make sure
> that the
> kernel provides everything racoon needs...

That really sounds like a configuration issue (racoon.conf, or perhaps
your SPD entries), racoon's debug on responder should give you more
informations on the problem.

Yvan.

--
NETASQ