questions on development(7)

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Nov 14 10:27:41 PST 2007

OutbackDingo wrote:
>> I suppose you know about fromcvs.  I also guess you know that I suggest
>> using git instead of hg.  Doesn't produce nasty large index files either :)
> So would you think cvs -> git -> hg might be easier to accomplish ??
> Since one of my goals is to update projects Ive done based on FreeBSD
> that require OS level updating

No, I think git is the better SCM, but that's a personal decision.

Fromcvs converts to both hg and git, using the same algorithm.  I'd
appreciate any help fleshing out the last bugs (also re: scalability).
I'm considering it beta grade quality, but I know of many people using
it on a daily basis without problems.

cheers
  simon