Some FreeBSD performance Issues

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Nov 10 05:03:06 PST 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 08:36:32AM -0800, Randall Hyde wrote:
>To answer a different question in the thread, I'm pretty sure I'm making
>only one FreeBSD call per byte, at least in one of the cases I posted.

How about using ktrace or similar to confirm this.

>I wonder if I'm only getting one character output per time slice, or
>something like that?

Maybe, though I don't understand why this would occur.  If you time(1)
your program, what are the real/user/system time breakdown?  That will
help clarify where the slowdown is located.  Have you tried the dd(1)
command suggested.

--
Peter Jeremy
an RFC2821-compliant MTA.