More questions about BDB

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Sun May 20 23:25:39 UTC 2007

Ok, I've run into a strange issue with BDB's hash tables.

Does anyone know what the following means?

db_dump185: seq: Invalid argument

Backstory:
When dumping out a large amount of data it appears that there's an
expected directive which isn't being inserted by Ruby's BDB1.85 facility
into the database, or the directive is inappropriately expected by the
dumping tool that I'm using (possible byte precision overlap, incorrect
coding/heuristics somewhere).

The only thing I can find regarding the directive under the
/usr/src/lib/libc/db/hash directory is something in hash.c and ndbm.c,
where it looks like seq according to ndbm.c links together two (or more)
sets of data, because of a data length issue and integer sizes, I think.

Thanks,
-Garrett