Accounting test data

Diomidis Spinellis dds at aueb.gr
Wed May 16 07:36:22 UTC 2007

I'm testing the backwards compatibility of the process accounting
processing tools (sa(8) and lastcomm(1)) with the upcoming new acct(5)
record format.  If you have root access on a FreeBSD AMD64, Sparc64,
ia64, or PowerPC machine please run the shell script
http://www.spinellis.gr/FreeBSD/values.sh and post the resulting file as
a reply to this message (this will avoid replicated effort).  The script
generates a small process accounting file containing the results of a
dozen simple commands.  It takes less than 10s to run.  If your machine
runs with process accounting enabled, you will need to re-enable it
after the script terminates (the script will tell you how).  I intend to
make the data you send me part of the process accounting regression testing.

Many thanks,

Diomidis Spinellis - http://people.freebsd.org/~dds/