New FreeBSD package system (a.k.a. Daemon Package System (dps))

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue May 15 18:49:51 UTC 2007

On 2007-05-14 13:19, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:
>Quoting Dag-Erling Sm????rgrav <des at des.no> (from Mon, 14 May 2007
>11:31:25 +0200):
>> Note that we are apparently not the only ones dissatisfied with this
>> state of affairs.  The following code is commonly found in rpm specs
>> for Fedora (and, I suspect, for RedHat and CentOS as well):
>>
>> sed -i
>> 's|^hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=.*|hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=""|g'
>> libtool
>> sed -i 's|^runpath_var=LD_RUN_PATH|runpath_var=DIE_RPATH_DIE|g' libtool
>>
>> Perhaps we could make common cause with RH to apply pressure on the
>> libtool maintainers?

Quite good idea, if this means the fixes will automagically work for
libtool for releases >= 1.5.X.  Things may be a little trickier with
older libtool versions, but I'm not sureif I'm qualified to suggest a
*real* fix for those thirdparty packages which depend on older libtool
versions.

> Isn't this a property which can be set at build time? I mean: isn't
> there a $OSNAME case where this can be set for a specific OS?

There is already precedent for OS-specific and compiler-specific
options.  The 1.5.23a version includes already special support for
linking with -library=stlport4 and _excluding_ the -lCrun and -lCstd
libraries for Solaris programs compiled with Sun Studio ;-)