New FreeBSD package system (a.k.a. Daemon Package System (dps))

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Mon May 14 09:31:30 UTC 2007

Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
> > The existence of .la files is a bug.
> I fully agree [but this needs to be addressed upstream]

Note that we are apparently not the only ones dissatisfied with this
state of affairs.  The following code is commonly found in rpm specs for
Fedora (and, I suspect, for RedHat and CentOS as well):

sed -i 's|^hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=.*|hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=""|g' libtool
sed -i 's|^runpath_var=LD_RUN_PATH|runpath_var=DIE_RPATH_DIE|g' libtool

Perhaps we could make common cause with RH to apply pressure on the
libtool maintainers?

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no