Debug and control registers in kdb.

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed May 2 15:05:35 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 06:17:48 pm stas.ibragimov at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello everybody.
> In ddb(4) we can read/write only cs-ss,eax-edx,esp,ebp,esi,edi,eip and efl
registers of CPU?
> Why not implemented reding/writing to the dr0-dr7 and cr0-cr4 registers?
> In attach there are small patch, that implements it.

DDB already provides a 'hwatch' interface to work with the debug registers
that is much easier to use than accessing drX directly.  That said, it
doesn't appear that your patch does anything for drX.  While it might be
slightly useful to read crX in DDB, I'm not sure how writing to them can
really be useful.

--
John Baldwin