Mono XSP & mod_mono support on FreeBSD

Phillip N. pneumann at gmail.com
Tue May 1 19:48:27 UTC 2007

El sáb, 28-04-2007 a las 10:55 -0400, Daniel Eischen escribió:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Dominic Marks wrote:
>
> > Hackers,
> >
> > Currently XSP (Mono's ASP.NET implementation) does not run on FreeBSD.
> >
> > There is a brief post here about the reasons why from David Xu:
> >
> >   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-threads/2005-March/002944.html
> >
> > Since that message is over 2 years old I hoped that it might no longer be the
> > case, but when I attempted to run the application it does not work. This is
> > the case if you use libc_r, libthr or libpthread. I was using 6.2-STABLE, if
> > it matters.
> >
> > I am interested if anyone knows if this is likely to ever work.  I am more
> > than happy to test patches for anyone who wanted to have a go at it. It seems
> > that there was a previous effort to get it ported but that seems to have run
> > to this issue and stopped.
>
> Process shared mutexes and condition variables will never be supported
> in 6.x.  They may occur at some point in 7.x.  mono should be fixed so
> that it respects _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED.

Hi.. ive been running a pair of WebServices over
mod_mono-1.2.4/mono-1.2.3.1 withouth much problems.

But problems with threads/semps are known..

It would be very interesting if you could file a detail bug in mono's
tracker about _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED to see the reaction over
there.
Maybe that way, someone do something, and make us all happy... :)

cheers!