i386 with PAE or AMD64 on PowerEdge with 4G RAM

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Thu Jun 21 22:16:12 UTC 2007

Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-freebsdhackers2.e313df at mired.org> writes:
> I find that extremely ironic. I've spent most of the last two days
> trying to put together a Linux system with python 2.5 (or later) and
> lxml 1.2 (or later), because I need to add an oracle library to it.
> While both FreeBSD and darwin ports (where I do development) have all
> the appropriate bits except oracle, the Linux distros don't have any
> of them in their packaging systems.

Bollocks.

des at des ~% cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=7.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=feisty
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 7.04"
des at des ~% uname -m
x86_64
des at des ~% python --version
Python 2.5.1
des at des ~% sudo apt-get install python-lxml
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Suggested packages:
  python-lxml-dbg
  python-lxml
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 662kB of archives.
After unpacking 2052kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://no.archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe python-lxml 1.1.2-1ubuntu2 [662kB]
Fetched 662kB in 3s (203kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package python-lxml.
(Reading database ... 105301 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking python-lxml (from .../python-lxml_1.1.2-1ubuntu2_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up python-lxml (1.1.2-1ubuntu2) ...

Any more nonsense you wish to share?

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no