Fwd: AMD deciding _now_ what to do about Linux

Ali Mashtizadeh mashtizadeh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 19:29:28 UTC 2007

Hi,

Sun's pushing ATI/AMD to provide good drivers for Solaris, so it means they
will have to work on the portability issue of their drivers. It is probably
the best time to influence AMD's decision since they are going to do what
Sun tells them. Nvidia has an easier time porting their drivers since the
core of the driver is the same across all platforms AFAIK. Hopefully, they
will realize the best stratedgy is to open source their drivers, which there
has been some hints about it recently.

--
Ali Mashtizadeh
علی مشتی زاده