should manuals of pcic/card be removed?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Thu Jul 5 12:55:26 UTC 2007

Dear list

sorry I am not sure if I should post to hackers list but I think I
should post to a list where people can change FreeBSD distirubtion. It
seems old drivers for PCMCIA device are now being replaced, putting
either

device pcic
device card

In FreeBSD 6.2 kernel config file would result error in compile. If they
are no longer supported, the man page for both pcic and card (they are
two different man pages) should be removed.

Also pccardc seems to be looking for a device /dev/card0 which doesn't
exist, I also occassionally read someone said both pccard_enable="YES"
option in rc.conf and pccardd are no longer useful. It's good to remove
unusable applications to reduce user confussion.

Best Regards
Zhang Weiwu