Updated Driver for 3945ABG Intel 3945ABG Wireless LAN controller

Gilbert Cao hika at bsdmon.com
Wed Jan 24 21:10:54 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 06:38:46PM +0000, Abdullah Al-Marrie wrote:
[..]
Well, sorry to post in *this* thread. It may not be appropriate, but I
just subscribe to freebsd-drivers :p.

> On 1/7/07, Benjamin Close <Benjamin.Close at clearchain.com> wrote:
> >To others working on a wpi driver, please post something indicating what
> >you've done and even a sample of what your up to so we can one build one
> >driver that just works. I also did the driver port as everything I found
> >failed to work on a 64bit kernel, most the time wouldn't even compile.
> >
> >I'm happy to try and maintain this driver. I have the hardware.
> >
> >The main bugs I know about in this driver port are:
> >
> >* The use of the iee80211_amrr code
> >The files exist in -current in /usr/src/sys/net80211 but the required
> >symbols are not in a GENERIC kernel build. There is a wlan_amrr module
> >which uses this code, though I'm not sure how to make use of this, it
> >appears a simple dependency on the module is not enough. The use of the
> >80211_amrr code also means that use under -stable requires quite a bit
> >more work as Rink pointed out.

[..]
> >For those wishing to help debug the driver and get it working, I've
> >posted a new version
> >http://www.clearchain.com/~benjsc/download/20070107-wpi-freebsd.tar.gz

As I have posted a message here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-January/140475.html

I have put a custom version of mine from your last package here:
http://www.bsdmon.com/download/20070121-wpi-freebsd.tar.gz

What I have mainly done is to make the package compile and work (for me
a least) on 6.2-RELEASE (and possibly other 6.x ?).

Don't know if you will ignore it or not, but I feel like I should have post
it here, anyway.
As it works well, now for my daily uses (reading mail, surfing on the
HTTP, playing Q3 ;), I may post some debug output, if needed, but I keep
using 6.2, no -current.
The post may be off topic, sorry ...

--
 (hika) Gilbert Cao