semaphore.h does'nt include fcntl.h ?

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Mon Jan 15 19:51:14 UTC 2007

In the last episode (Jan 15), girish r said:
> > You'll need to include "options P1003_1B_SEMAPHORES" in your kernel
> > config, or load the "sem" kernel module.
> > --Dan Nelson
>
> I could'nt find "sem" so I tried sysvsem.ko but I get:
>
> kldload: can't load sysvsem: File exists
>
> Does it mean that sysvsem support is already present
> in the kernel? I am using fbsd 6.2.

sysv semaphores are different from POSIX semaphores, so loading
sysvsem.ko won't help you here.  It looks like the "sem" module is
missing from /usr/src/sys/modules/Makefile, which explains why you
don't have it :)  You can build it manually though:

 cd /usr/src/sys/modules/sem
 make obj && make depend && make && make install
 kldload sem

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com