ufs_rename: fvp == tvp (can't happen), but it did

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 12 19:25:19 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:35:44AM +0100, Attila Nagy wrote:
> On 01/11/07 02:01, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> >>Yes this would be very good, especially if this wouldn't be a production machine or if I could reproduce this on a test system. But neither of this are true. :(
> >>
> >>Maybe I will try it on a sleepless night, in the maintenance window, thanks for the idea.
> >>

> >Try forcing a fsck, sometimes bizarre FS panics are due to filesystem
> >corruption.
> >
> I've already thought of that, but in that case the FC array must be bad, since going with only the locally attached disks in the mirror, the error doesn't appear...

Silent data corruptions happens, look for example at the "problem with
4T volume under FreeBSD" thread on current at .

I'd suggest configuring geli with data authentication on top of the FC
array. geli will detect silent data corruptions.