iSCSI disconnects dilema

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Tue Jan 9 07:32:04 UTC 2007

Hi,
While I think I have almost solved the problem of network disconnects,
It downed on me a major problem:
When a 'local' disk crashes, the kernel will probably hang/panic/crash.
if i don't try to recover, then there is no change in the above scenario.
if i try to recover, then the client does not know that it should
umount/fsck/mount.
While all this seems familiar, removing  a floppy/disk-on-key while it's
mounted, we could always say "you shouldn't have done that!", with
a network connection, it can happen very often - rebooting the target, a
network hickup, etc.

So, any ideas?

	danny