discrepancy between WV2 and LIBGSF Header files?

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru
Mon Jan 8 12:35:34 UTC 2007

Bob, good day!

I doubt that this posting should go into the freebsd-hackers, but
nevertheless ;))

> While attempting to compile koffice-1.6.1 I ran into this error:
>
> In file included from /usr/local/include/wv2/olestream.h:22,
>                  from graphicshandler.cpp:23:
>
> The offending code is in the file /usr/local/include/wv2/olestorage.h
> and reads:
> #include <gsf/gsf.h>
>
> I have libgsf-1.14.1 installed and it installs gsf.h at:
> /usr/local/include/libgsf-1/gsf/gsf.h
>
> I also have wv2-0.2.3 Installed
>
> To fix this error, I edited the file /usr/local/include/wv2/olestorage.h
> and changed:
>  #include <gsf/gsf.h>
>  #include </usr/local/include/libgsf-1/gsf/gsf.h>

Please, undo these changes and try to build your port with command
'CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/libgsf-1 make clean install clean'.
This should clean your build, point the preprocessor to the right
location of the gsf/gsf.h, build your port once again, install it
and clean the build area.

> Can someone either tell me who to report this to, or go ahead and
> should add a patch?

PRs are welcome: they are made through send-pr utility. The maintainer
for the port can be looked up using the following command:
$ grep MAINTAINER /usr/ports/editors/koffice-kde3/Makefile
MAINTAINER=     kde at FreeBSD.org

You can Cc your problem report to him. And if 'CFLAGS' trick will do
the work, you can mention it in the report.

But previous to sending the PR, look into the PR database: maybe your
bug is already reported, but was not handled yet.

See http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html for the long explanation and
links.
--
Eygene