WITNESS & RELENG_6

Eugene Grosbein eugen at kuzbass.ru
Wed Jan 3 14:33:15 UTC 2007

Hi!

I try to find bugs in 6.2-PRERELEASE by using it (q) :-)
The question is: are kernel options WITNESS/WITNESS_KDB expected
to be in usable kernel? I don't worry about performance overhead here.

The problem is, I've found this is nearly impossible to run
my home system with RELENG_6 build from yesterday's sources,
X.org 6.9.0, mplayer etc. without panicing and crashdump generation
after an hour or so. Just switch from X to vty and logon gave me another
LOR and crashdump. One of these you can see here:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/107455

Perhaps, I should not use these options for everyday STABLE use?

Eugene