kernel panic at boot on any 6.x OS

Kip Macy kip.macy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 07:59:57 UTC 2007

It looks as if you've hit a device driver that is trying to print out
a null string. The message you've given doesn't provide any more
information than that. If you install a snapshot kernel it will
probably have ddb compiled in which will allow you to at least get a
backtrace. I'm sorry you're having trouble.

 -Kip