sin()/cos()/tan() for kernel code? '_ 'a

Jordan Sissel psionic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 16:30:49 UTC 2007

As it stands right now, moused is not the proper place for this. sysmouse(4)
only speaks relative coordinates and has no idea about absolute positioning
that have the opportunity of doing with tablets and touchpads.

I highly recommend this be implemented as an X driver, unless you have no
intention of using your tablet in X. In X, you can specify your driver gives
absolute positioning. There's also an existing wacom driver for X which may
provide some/all of the functionality you need.

IMO, there's no reasonable gain in doing complex mouse drivers in the
kernel. For one, you'd have to have it speak a protocol X (assuming again
that you're using X) understands.

-Jordan