printing boot probe messages

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 29 12:56:48 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 09:42:38PM +0100, Erik Trulsson wrote:
> If you do not see any boot messages at all, then my guess is that you
> probably have messed around with /boot/device.hints (or compiled in a hints
> file in the kernel) and removed or disabled the hints for the video
> adapter/system console.

We've confirmed already in this thread that that's exactly what he's
done.  But he's still yet to include any details about what all he
changed and the APRIL.hints file he's using his in kernel configuration
(rather than using /boot/devices.hints, which is what he should be
using).

This thread is running in circles.