BSD license compatible hash algorithm?

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 27 16:30:39 PST 2007

Hi all,
	Just wondering if anyone knew of a good BSD license compatible key-
based hash placement / retrieval algorithm that was available anywhere.
	I'm looking for a reliable way to lookup objects to see if a given
action would be performed in my revised pkg_install(1), to thus
efficiently pre-plan out the installation dependencies and fully
utilize multiprocessing capabilities of contemporary machines /
eliminate duplicate dependency install requirements.
	I know I can use tree structures or hash(3), but I want to avoid
trees (inefficient with large data sets of course) and I was looking
for a non-BDB based solution (for right now, with this given
structure as I don't want to write everything to disk). Later on it
might be a good idea to cache the results using BDB on disk, but for
now I was just wondering if there were any non-BDB based hashing
solutions that anyone knew of.
Thanks,
-Garrett