Stale mount on disconnected device: how to delete it?

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Tue Dec 18 20:41:23 PST 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, soralx at cydem.org wrote:

> Unfortunately, they do happen fairly often, usually caused by
> USB-related stuff (FreeBSD's USB stack is _the_ worst I've seen lately
> -- I take it that the stack's favorite hobby is panicking the kernel
> with unrivaled efficiency), sometimes by ATA/ATAPI/SATA (interestingly,
> SCSI code is quite stable), someimes by something obscure (e.g., just
> exiting qbittorrent kills the kernel -- NFS woes maybe? just an
> example). Hot-swapping with some ATA and SCSI drivers is impossible, too
> (result in panics).
==================

apparently i'm not the only one who had to disable EHCI in order to get
ACPI working on a laptop. i'm not a kernel hacker, but how those two are
related isn't obvious to me.

OHCI works fine, usually ;)

--
         ...atom

  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"The law does not allow me to testify on any
 	 aspect of the National Security Agency,
 	 even to the Senate Intelligence Committee."
 		-- General Allen, Director of the NSA, 1975