FreeBSD specific WINE errors

freebsd-list at dclg.ca freebsd-list at dclg.ca
Tue Dec 18 10:58:58 PST 2007

Recently eve-online came out with a new client. Since they now have a
"linux" version (which uses TransGaming's Cedega) they are less
concerned with wine compatiblity.  That said, it seems that some wise
people have it working on linux, and I have downloaded, patched and
compiled they code they're using.

However, the new eve code chucks the following errors on FreeBSD:

err:iphlpapi:getRouteTable Received unsupported sockaddr family 0x12
err:iphlpapi:getRouteTable Unexpected address type 0x10
err:iphlpapi:getRouteTable Unexpected address type 0x20
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1

I was hoping some FreeBSD wizards here might recognise what is going
wrong here.  I'm not sure about the ole object (of if it's important),
but the iphlpapi calls --- which I think are the initial http requests
that get game news --- are failing and possibly freebsd specific.

Dave.