major bge(4) performance problem

Lenar Tukhvatullin blackv at netroad.ru
Fri Dec 14 01:49:03 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 05:47:19PM +0100, Laurent Frigault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are experiencing a problem with BCM5721 bge interfaces, which seems to
> be able to receive at almost 1Gbps but can only transmit at < 540Mbps.
>
> It is the exactly same problem describes at
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2007-June/014373.html

> Is there any patch/fix available for this driver ?
>
> Unfortunatly our server has no more slot available so we can't forget the bge
> interfaces and add an em interface.
>
> I can run tests on a spare server if needed (same hardware).

Hello, can you test patch from Igor Sysoev with recommended tunables?
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2007-November/015951.html

Also comments from Bruce Evans:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2007-November/015954.html

I have same problem with bge, but currently can't
test this patch on production system.