Disk sync at shutdown and fusefs filesystems

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 10 20:18:30 PST 2007

Alejandro Pulver wrote:

> Then I have to look for some way to manually
> unmount FUSE filesystems at shutdown, because they are already mounted
> at startup. I thought about instructing the fusefs-kmod rc.d script to
> unmount FUSE filesystems before attempting to unload the kernel module
> (currently it only loads/unloads fuse.ko).

Yes, I think that given what we're working with here, that would be a
good idea regardless. It should be pretty easy to do, you can find a
sample of something like what you would want in /etc/rc.d/dumpon. Let
me know if you need help, I'm more than a little interested in getting
fuse-ntfs set up here.

Doug