Synaptics

Giulio Ferro auryn at zirakzigil.org
Sat Dec 8 03:56:00 PST 2007

Hi,
I just wanted to report that the synaptics touchpad driver
(/usr/ports/x11-drivers/synaptics)
doesn't work in my configuration:
freebsd 7 beta4 - amd64 - synaptics-0.14.6_2

I set  hw.psm.synaptics_support=1 in /boot/loader.conf,
disable moused, change /etc/X11/xorg.conf according to the instructions
in pkg-messages.

Unfortunately every time I try to start X the following error occurs:

(II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 0.14.6 (1406)
Synaptics_Touchpad no synaptics event device found (checked 10 nodes)
Synaptics_Touchpad The /dev/input/event* device nodes seem to be missing
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: No Device specified.
Synaptics driver unable to open device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Synaptics_Touchpad"
(II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting